What is it about?
Our new conference presents an exciting opportunity for organisations to get involved and lead the profession into new territory; one that recognises the potential for the profession to impact on organisational performance.
What will I take away?
This conference will provide our professionals with the insight, inspiration and skills to seize this strategic opportunity and confirm the workplace and facilities management role as core to the business operation. It will be split into the themes about: UK industry perspective, changing nature of work, skills we need and being the change, which will give attendees the tools to change perspective, alter narratives, adjust culture and go and be the leaders of the profession.
Programme and speakers
(09:00 – 17:00)
- Marcus Child (keynote) - One of the UK’s leading motivational speakers will set the foundation for the day and ignite your IWFM conference experience.
- Heather Carey, The Work Foundation (TWF) - Having campaigned for better working conditions for one hundred years through advocacy, research and practical interventions, Heather will discuss how a changing industry is affecting the skills and work agenda.
- Lucy Adams, CEO of Disruptive HR - Frustrated with HR’s limited impact, but excited by the difference it could make, Lucy will share what has she learnt from her mission to disrupt the HR profession and what lessons we apply to our own profession.
- Bruce Daisley, Author and Eat.Sleep. Work. Repeat podcast - With his New Work Manifesto and an upcoming book ‘The Joy of Work’, Bruce will show us what we can do to make work less demanding and a place where we can laugh.
- Richard Mullendar, Former Hostage Negotiator, Scotland Yard - What can hostage negotiation teach us about the art of listening? This session will give you all the tips you need to go and build the relationships that count.
- Daniel Rowles, CEO, Targetinternet.com - If we need to create a wonderful experience for our teams, what role does technology play in creating that experience; not just to help us manage buildings? Daniel will help us understand the journey marketers have been on and what we can learn from it.
- Carolyn Taylor, Executive Chair, Walkingthetalk.com - Carolyn is a world-renowned culture change expert who’ll help us address both how we can influence the culture of our organisations (and how our work is seen) and making change within ourselves to fulfil our profession’s promise.
Find out more from www.iwfmconference.org
All day refreshments including, breakfast, lunch and evening drinks reception.