- To develop a procurement strategy that is aligned to the organisation’s strategic objectives.
- To develop specifications to use and manage contracts in accordance with the business requirements whilst ensuring compliance with the relevant legislation.
- To identify suppliers, manage and review on-going supplier relationships.
- To establish clear selection criteria and manage performance against stated criteria creating value for the organisation.
FM functional area components:
- To develop and implement a facilities management procurement strategy.
- To identify and select suppliers following robust and transparent selection criteria.
- Acquire products or services and understand and manage the whole supply chain.
- Ensure alignment to the organisation’s corporate objectives by measuring quality vs. price vs. risk so that best value for the company is achieved.
- To identify, use and manage different types of contracts.
- To develop specifications and terms and conditions for the procurement of goods and/or services and to manage the costs of the contract.
- To gather data and analyse feedback to monitor performance of the contract.
- To comply with relevant legislation and manage stakeholder relationships.
|Career level||Procurement||Contract Management|
|Strategic||Develops a procurement strategy and policies||Develops a contract management policy, criteria and supplier performance management framework|
|Senior||Leads bidding and tendering processes and evaluates the effectiveness of a procurement strategy||Evaluates the effectiveness of suppliers and ensures value for money from contracts|
|Manager||Manages the procurement of products or services||Agrees client requirements and manages contracts and performance|
|Supervisory||Raises purchase orders for products, services and supplies||Monitors contractors to ensure effective delivery of contracts|
|Support||Raises purchase orders for products, services and supplies||Carries out contract management tasks as directed|
If you're an employer looking to develop your teams, please email our qualifications team.