Is it for you?
In a world where emails, texts and tweets are sent without a second thought, effective communication has never been more important. If you're looking to improve your communication skills and understand how communication drives success, this course is for you. It will also help you to improve your listening, speaking and writing skills.
What will you learn?
While studying, you will assess case studies and complete a range of interactive and written tasks based on real-world examples.
Upon completion of this course, you will understand:
- Communication in a professional context: Why it's important to get communication right, the foundation of effective communication, key communication methods for professionals, barriers to successful communication and how to overcome them, and the skills required to communicate effectively.
- Sharing information with others: When and how to share information, how to communicate in writing, communication without words, and how to use social media in a professional context.
- Effective collaboration: The role communication plays in team projects, how to establish rapport with others, how to become a good listener, how to run a meeting effectively, facilitating communication between others, and how to evaluate your performance.
- Persuasion and negotiation: How to engage with a disinterested audience, how to win over an audience during a presentation, the best ways to persuade and negotiate, how to say 'no' without causing offence, and how to pitch and interview.
- Challenges in communication: Global communication methods, possible barriers to access, how to talk about change, communicating in a crisis, and the best way to deliver criticism and the risks.
All our learning outcomes match the essential skills required by the profession day-to-day.
This course will boost your skill set, providing the tools you need to advance your career.
How long is it for?
Study time is equivalent to four CPD hours.
When you purchase this course, you will receive an activation code and link to access your course. You then have 120 days to complete the course.
You will receive a digital certificate on completion of this course.
Please note you cannot purchase an IWFM online course on behalf of someone else - the person studying must provide their details. To purchase multiple licences please contact email@example.com
Have a question about this online course? Speak to our Academy team.