Is it for you?
Are you new to workplace and facilities management? Changing careers? This course will provide you with the knowledge and basic skills required to work in the profession.
What will you learn?
While studying, you will assess case studies and complete a range of interactive and written tasks based on real-world examples.
Upon completion of this course, you will understand:
- Context: The role of facilities management, its key areas and responsibilities and how it's delivered.
- Performance: Budget management, service level agreements (SLAs), key performance indicators (KPIs) and how to identify and manage risk.
- Team management: Team dynamics and stages of development, how to delegate and how to improve productivity.
- Customer service: What customers expect, how to measure customer satisfaction and how to improve customer relationships.
- Compliance: Health and safety procedures, risk assessments, sustainability and the results of negligence.
- Career: Essential and transferable skills, problem solving techniques and how to identify career development opportunities.
All our learning outcomes match the essential skills required by the profession day-to-day.
This course will boost your skill set, providing the tools you need to advance your career.
How long is it for?
Study time is equivalent to six CPD hours.
When you purchase this course, you will receive an activation code and link to access your course. You then have 120 days to complete the course.
You will receive a digital certificate on completion of this course.
Please note you cannot purchase an IWFM online course on behalf of someone else - the person studying must provide their details. To purchase multiple licences please contact email@example.com
Have a question about this online course? Speak to our Academy team.