- To establish risk management strategies aligned to the strategic objectives of the organisation and to build business resilience by the creation of a robust business continuity plan.
- To ensure that the organisation is compliant with key regulations, legislation and codes of practice in order to promote a safe and healthy working environment.
FM functional area components:
- To understand the principles of corporate governance, its relationship to risk management and the importance of risk management in the context of an organisational strategy.
- To review the effectiveness of risk management strategies, apply risk transfer and contribute to a robust business continuity plan.
- To assess the risk of not being compliant with relevant legislation.
- To understand corporate governance and the scope of a facilities manager's role, which is influenced and affected by a plethora of regulation and legislation for example: Health and Safety, Environmental, Employment, Contract, Company, etc.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all relevant legislation etc., is adhered to in the workplace and to create a culture of proactive compliance.
|Career level||Risk Management||Compliance|
|Strategic||Develops and evaluates the effectiveness of a facilities management risk strategy in context of an organisation's risk profile||Develops and evaluates the effectiveness of facilities management policies to meet corporate governance obligations to comply with all legislative, statutory and regulatory requirements|
|Senior||Develops facilities management risk monitoring systems and processes||Develops and reviews facilities management processes and procedures that meet compliance requirements|
|Manager||Implements processes and monitors risk in compliance with an organisation's risk strategy||Manages the implementation of facilities management policies and procedures that meet compliance requirements|
|Supervisory||Monitors and reports on health and safety, incident management and business continuity risk within their area of responsibility||Ensures that all operational tasks are carried out in compliance with all legislative, statutory and regulatory requirements|
|Support||Follows facilities management procedures for health and safety, incident management and business continuity||Understands the impact of legal, statutory and regulatory requirements within the facilities management function|
If you're an employer looking to develop your teams, please email our qualifications team.