IWFM Mentoring: personal support for professional growth
Workplace and facilities management is a broad and exciting profession with many opportunities to make a real impact. But when you are establishing yourself and finding your way in the industry, things can feel overwhelming.
What if you could call on someone to help you make sense of things? An established professional with the experience and expertise to support you in achieving your goals and overcoming challenges. A patient, understanding ear with a wise mind to bounce ideas off.
Join the IWFM Mentoring programme
IWFM Mentoring is our one-to-one, personalised career support service which we provide as an inclusive benefit for members in professional grades and those with a complimentary one-year membership as part of their IWFM qualification.
Once you register as a mentee, we will pair you with a mentor who has the knowledge, experience, and skills to help you learn, shape your career, and grow into the professional you want to be.
As a mentee, you will:
- receive guidance on advancing your career, achieving your goals, and overcoming challenges
- gain support in developing your knowledge and skills in line with the IWFM Professional Standards
- access impartial advice and an alternative perspective
- have a non-judgemental sounding board for your ideas.
Why we created IWFM Mentoring
As the professional body for workplace and facilities management with a proud 30-year history of promoting excellence in the profession, we empower our members to upskill and reach their potential for a rewarding, impactful career.
We asked members how we could invest in supporting their development. Mentoring was one of the top initiatives that arose from the consultations. Member feedback and our own industry-leading research tells us:
- mentoring is the most popular professional development opportunity in the industry outside of training and qualifications
- more than half of employers don’t provide a mentoring programme (IWFM Pay and Prospects 2021)
- many of our most advanced members are eager to help develop talent.
- Consequently, we created IWFM Mentoring, ensuring our members have the personal support they need to flourish in this critical profession.
What is IWFM and why should I become a member?
The Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (IWFM) is the body for workplace and facilities professionals. We exist to promote excellence among a worldwide community of thousands, and to demonstrate the value and contribution of workplace and facilities management more widely.
The IWFM Professional Standards define the competences necessary to be an accomplished workplace and/or facilities management practitioner at every career stage.
As of 2023, our proud heritage of advancing the profession spans three decades. Being an IWFM member demonstrates that you are aligned with the standard setter in the industry and helps to establish legitimacy in your career when applying for jobs or presenting credentials to potential clients.
IWFM membership also provides exclusive access to a wealth of benefits, including:
- personal career support to help you achieve your goals
- grades and post-nominals which display your professional status
- discounts on training courses
- industry-leading guidance and research
- insights by industry experts and partners from leading brands
- networking and CPD events by our regional and special interest groups
- connecting with a community of thousands on our members-only online forum
- shaping the future of the Institute and the wider profession by engaging in surveys and consultations.
In short, we are the Institute with the heritage, standing, expertise, and resources to help you become the best you can be.
Visit our Membership page for further information on IWFM membership grades and the many benefits of becoming an IWFM member.