- To evaluate trends and developments in the market, identify future needs and use this information to innovate and promote the added value of an organisation’s facilities management service.
- To identify, implement and maintain services in accordance with the standards set out in service level agreements.
- To assess continually the quality and value for money of services provided.
FM functional area components:
- To recognise the influences and drivers of the facilities management function and to identify future trends and developments to improve delivery.
- To optimise opportunities in order to market and promote the added value of facilities management both within and outside an organisation.
- To promote innovation by identifying opportunities for new or alternative services.
Managing Service Delivery
- To develop and implement strategies for the delivery of support services within an organisation.
- To identify needs of an organisation, establish service level agreements and manage the delivery of the service.
- To embed a culture and programme of continual review in order to monitor performance and to identify opportunities for new or alternative services.
|Career level||Service Innovation||Managing Service Delivery|
|Strategic||Forecasts trends and facilities management market opportunities, encouraging creativity and embedding innovation within service provision||Develops facilities management service delivery strategy and evaluates the effectiveness of alternative delivery models and their resourcing implications|
|Senior||Identifies and exploits value-creating opportunities for innovation in facilities management products and services||Creates an operational plan to manage the delivery of a portfolio of facilities management services|
|Manager||Identifies ways of adding value to existing and planned facilities management services and promotes services to existing and potential clients||Manages and reviews the delivery of a range of facilities management services|
|Supervisory||Collects ideas and customer feedback on facilities service delivery, making suggestions for improvements to services or products||Supervises the delivery of and monitors operational performance within their area of responsibility|
|Support||Identifies opportunity for continuous improvement||Delivers facilities management services to agreed quality standards|
If you're an employer looking to develop your teams, please email our qualifications team.