IWFM Impact Awards 2021: top tips to create an Award-winning entry
- General news
26 April 2021
Now is the time to pull together the information you need to finalise your IWFM Impact Awards entries. Here are some tips and advice to help you get your entries completed.
Follow the instructions
- Read the How to Enter and the Terms and Conditions sections before completing the relevant entry forms. If you are entering multiple categories, please make sure you use the correct entry form for each category and tailor it appropriately.
- Ensure that your answers are as concise as possible, and you have stuck to the word counts for each answer using the template entry form.
- Please ensure you pay attention to all questions for your entry to be accepted for judging - blank answers will attract a score of zero from the judges.
Plan your time
- Allow yourself and colleagues enough time to complete the entry form. You might need to collate information from others, have the entry form reviewed and approved so make sure you allow plenty of time for this.
- If you have any questions regarding your entries, the entry forms or criteria then get in touch with the team sooner rather than later via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entries received early can be checked by the awards team and will allow us to flag up any further requirements prior to the entry deadline.
- Just a reminder that the entry deadline is midday on Tuesday 4 May!
Sell the people/project/product
- What is the biggest achievement or unique selling point? Bring out the winning points. Explain what is unique or innovative about your entry, how important it is, or the scale of the challenges that had to be overcome.
- Include one pdf of supporting documents – this can be made up of charts or diagrams to support your answers and/or testimonials from clients, colleagues and peers.
- Upload supporting photos. Photos are invaluable to the submission as they will be used to represent your entry at the awards ceremony and in the winners write up, should your entry be successful. Think about which images bring your entry to life. We ask for a minimum of 1 high resolution image and you can include a link to videos to support your entry within your supporting document.
If you want to shout about the great work that you, your team or organisation is doing then find out more about the categories open to enter and how to enter by clicking here.
Entry deadline: midday on Tuesday 18 May (BST)
If you’re still unsure as to what to enter then have a look at our 2020 Award winners and see if you have what it takes to win an IWFM Impact Award. View the 2020 winners.