IWFM Women in FM SIG are #breakingthebias as face-to-face conference returns
22 June 2022
The engaging and inspiring event will be held in the beautiful, listed and newly refurbished Council House, right in the heart of Birmingham's city centre on Wednesday 28 September.
Attendees will hear from speakers from different backgrounds who will share their knowledge and experience to help you break the bias as we encourage women to raise the bar, progress within the workplace and facilities management sector, and be confident in their abilities and the value they bring. There will also be lots of great networking opportunities. Here is a breakdown of the sessions:
- Fiona Moreden will run a session to help you understand what you can do to create change in your organisation and practical ideas to put into place. She will also talk about unconscious bias and what we can do to affect change in our immediate circle
- award-winning entrepreneur Pamela Aculey from Just Like Me Books will share the importance of understanding differences and sowing the seed at an early age, and provide a demo of their AR books aimed at children with various conditions
- Fiona Bowman will share her story and campaign around domestic violence and what we can do to identify the signs in our colleagues and support them
- you’ll hear from trailblazers from various businesses on what makes a great environment for equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) and hear examples of best practice featuring members from the EDI Focus Group
- plus Louisa Clarke, MD at Churchill Group, will share her FM journey.
Previous Women in FM conferences have sold out, so book here to make sure you secure your ticket.
Venue and details
The Banqueting Suite, Council House, Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BB.
28 September 2022, 9.30am - 4.00pm.