Our Region represents those working in workplace and facilities management in the East of England. Our counties include Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
The IWFM's Regions are a place to keep on top of the profession in your local area. They provide guidance and insight and encourage member interaction and networking through relevant events.
Visit us on LinkedIn for the latest discussion, updates and events in the East of England.
If you have a question about our Region, please contact our IWFM’s Community team directly.
Have you thought about volunteering?
We currently have roles available with our East region.
Our valued volunteers are at the heart of IWFM, contributing to the present and shaping the future development of the workplace and facilities management. Volunteering enables us to engage with our growing community and allows you to gain the most from your IWFM membership.
By volunteering with IWFM, members play a key role in extending benefits to our wider community through sharing knowledge and experiences in the profession. In addition, skills-sharing help develop others’ through CPD, networking and other social events, and our volunteers’ expertise and advocacy continue to support the professionalisation of the workplace and facilities management.
As a Committee member, you can share your expertise by leading on engaging and relevant content with colleagues and members of IWFM.
As a volunteer, you will be expected to:
- attend monthly meetings (approx. 2hrs)
- contribute to events and webinars
- assist with the writing of guidance notes and knowledge content
- encourage the growth of your region through networking and awareness
Current available roles
- Deputy Chair - The role of the Deputy Chair is to assist the Chair. In their absence, fulfil certain aspects of the Chairs role and run meetings. It is essential that the Deputy Chair supports the Chair in providing leadership, ensuring committee members are aware of their obligations and ensure that workload is shared. To also ensure the correct process is followed with actions/duties carried out by all members of the committee in an appropriate and timely manner
- Secretary - To support the Chair in ensuring the smooth functioning of the Committee,to ensure meetings are effectively organised and minuted, maintaining effective records and administration for the group
- Treasurer - To monitor and understand all aspects of financial management, working closely with other members of the committee to safeguard the finances, responsible for general financial oversight, funding and sponsorship.
Members can still apply to be a committee member if none of the above apply.
Full details and critera of the specific roles outlined above can be viewed on the Committee Roles and Responsibilities Form.
How to apply
You can nominate yourself by emailing email@example.com. Applicants don’t need to confirm interest in a specific role at this stage.