Is it for you?
Fellow (FIWFM) is our most prestigious grade. It's a true mark of distinction and an aspiration for all, and the designation of fellowship is now more than ever a demonstration of impact on the profession.
If you have extensive experience and can clearly demonstrate a sustained or significant contribution to the profession or wider industry, you may be eligible.
Entry is granted based on the outcome of an external assessment undertaken after successful completion of an application form covering key competence areas reflecting the Professional Standards. An interview may also be required to support the application.
To become a Fellow, individuals must meet the eligibility criteria below and can apply from any existing grade or directly as a non-member. The direct entry route is not assessed on qualification but against experience held and the contribution and impact on the wider industry.
Applications are split into six sections, which must be completed in full.
- Scene setting: Explain key strategic and influential responsibilities and accountability within a recent position.
- Strategy: Illustrate your strategic influence within an organisation, including examples of projects or strategies that have impacted on the financial performance, efficiencies and customer experience.
- Leadership: Highlight how you have effectively led a team or major initiative to achieve business success.
- Change management: Describe a significant and successful change management programme that you have led.
- Business continuity, risk and compliance: Provide demonstrable examples of how you have developed or impacted on an effective risk strategy; policies and protocols to maintain compliance with legislative, statutory and regulatory obligations in line with best practice.
- Contribution and impact: Reflect on your personal contribution to the profession or wider built environment, either through an organisation or in a voluntary capacity. Identify how you will continue to contribute to the Institute or profession in a promotional or ambassadorial role.
If you have a question about the application process, please contact us.
To find out more about concessions and how to save money when you pay by Direct Debit, visit payments.