Live virtual training
Due to the current restrictions of Covid-19 we will be delivering our 2020 face to face courses with a full virtual experience using Zoom Education technology.
In order to be part of our virtual training session, you will need:
- Access to a computer (PC or Mac) which has a microphone included (or additional microphone installed and set up)
- A strong internet connection
- A pair of headphones
- A quiet area of your home where you can concentrate, uninterrupted
Member: £620 +VAT
Non-member: £775 +VAT
Is it for you?
This course is designed for managers and supervisors. It will get you up to speed on the practical actions you need to take to handle health and safety within your team. The course delivers practical step-by-step guidance with a sharp business focus that’s hands-on and jargon-free.
What will you learn?
Upon completion of this course, you will understand:
- Your responsibilities: Why your health and safety responsibilities are much more than an ‘add-on’ to your role
- Risk management: How to reduce and control risks, including risk assessments and techniques to minimise hazards
- The legalities: The legal requirements of health and safety and what’s at stake for your business if they’re not met
- Identifying hazards: How to identify a variety of hazards – from chemicals in the workplace to verbal abuse – and use a health and safety management system to mitigate the risks
- Monitoring performance: The importance of proper investigation when things go wrong and how to effectively audit and measure health and safety performance
All our learning outcomes match the essential skills required by the profession day-to-day.
This course will boost your skill set, providing the tools you need to advance your career.
How long is it for?
Study time is equivalent to 21 CPD hours.
This is a three-day course comprising workshops and practical tasks.
On successful completion of a short multi-format test and a practical risk assessment in the workplace, you will receive an IOSH Accredited Certificate.
For general academy enquiries email or call us.
Call +44 (0) 1279 712 631